Saturday, December 11, 2010

Some poems and poets I like

Lies about love

We are a liars, because
the truth of yesterday becomes a lie tomorrow,
whereas letters are fixed,
and we live by the letter of truth.
The love I feel for my friend, this year,
is different from the love I felt last year.
If it were not so, it would be a lie.
Yet we reiterate love! love! love!
as if it were a coin with a fixed value
instead of a flower that dies, and opens a different bud.


- D H Lawrence

Ab ke bichhde

Ab ke bicchde to shayad khwabon mein mile
Jaise sookhe hue phool kitabon mein mile...


If we part again, perhaps we will meet in dreams
Like one unexpectedly finds dried flowers in books...

Ahmed Faraz
(Translated GG)

To You

STRANGER! if you, passing, meet me, and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me?
And why should I not speak to you?


by Walt Whitman (link 1) in Leaves of Grass (link 2)

No comments: