Saturday, February 2, 2008
1. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
2. What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?
3. The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still voice within.
4. It may be long before the law of love will be recognised in international affairs. The machineries of government stand between and hide the hearts of one people from those of another.
5. As soon as we lose the moral basis, we cease to be religious. There is no such thing as religion over-riding morality. Man, for instance, cannot be untruthful, cruel or incontinent and claim to have God on his side.
6. There is more to life than simply increasing its speed.
7. We must be the change we wish to see.
8. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
9. The moment there is suspicion about a person's motives, everything he does becomes tainted.
10. Suffering cheerfully endured, ceases to be suffering and is transmuted into an ineffable joy.